July 24, 2014
Kyiv District Administrative Court has postponed the consideration of the case concerning the Communist Party on August 14.
According to UNIAN correspondent the consideration of the case has been postponed to August 14 10.00 am.
The Trial of Ukrainian Communist party has began this morning.
On July 8 Minister of Justice Pavlo Petrenko declared that he had signed and filed a lawsuit concerning the ban of activity of Communist Party in Ukraine.
Petrenko mentioned that according to results of analysis of a huge evidence base that had been given to law enforcement authorities of the Ministry of Justice concerning illegal activities of the Communist party, ‘I have decided today and have signed and filed a lawsuit concerning the liquidation of the Communist party of Ukraine’.
According to the Minister the case deals with:
– the violation of the law of anti-constitutional activity, support of separatists and terrorists in Eastern Ukraine,
– support of military aggression and seizing of Crimea,
– calls for the violation of territorial integrity and constitutional order of Ukraine,
– organization and support (including with arms) of terrorist organizations in Eastern Ukraine,
– support of the so-called referendums of LNR and DNR in Donetsk and Luhansk oblast,
– active participation of leaders as well as representatives of the party in military activity against Ukrainian Armed Forces on the territory of the mentioned oblast.
Petrenko also expressed his conviction that with such evidence base the position of the Ministry of Justice is very powerful and CPU must be liquidated.