July 24, 2014
Kyiv District Administrative Court has began consideration of lawsuit from Ministry of Justice concerning the ban of Ukrainian Communist party.
The trial is being held at the moment. Only few journalists have managed to be present there because the court room is too small, most of Media representatives have remained outside.
There are about 50 protesters who support the banning of Communist Party. They hold posters that say: ‘ Communism is fascism’, ‘Symonenko – the enemy of Ukraine’ and also they hold flags of ‘Svoboda’ party, People’s Movement of Ukraine, the Congress of Ukrainian Nationalists and national symbols. Periodically they start chanting: ‘Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!’.
They are being guarded by 20 police officers. The protest is being peaceful.
On July 8 Minister of Justice Pavlo Petrenko declared that he had signed and filed a lawsuit concerning the ban of activity of Communist Party in Ukraine.
Petrenko mentioned that according to results of analysis of a huge evidence base that had been given to law enforcement authorities of the Ministry of Justice concerning illegal activities of the Communist party, ‘I have decided today and have signed and filed a lawsuit concerning the liquidation of the Communist party of Ukraine’.
According to the Minister the case deals with:
– the violation of the law of anti-constitutional activity, support of separatists and terrorists in Eastern Ukraine,
– support of military aggression and seizing of Crimea,
– calls for the violation of territorial integrity and constitutional order of Ukraine,
– organization and support (including with arms) of terrorist organizations in Eastern Ukraine,
– support of the so-called referendums of LNR and DNR in Donetsk and Luhansk oblast,
– active participation of leaders as well as representatives of the party in military activity against Ukrainian Armed Forces on the territory of the mentioned oblast.
Petrenko also expressed his conviction that with such evidence base the position of the Ministry of Justice is very powerful and CPU must be liquidated.