According to UNIAN correspondent, former head of the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine, Army General Mykola Malomuzh have said this during press briefing in Kyiv today.
‘In a number of directions fighters have moved forward for 20-30, and in some areas for 70 km from the boundary of September 5 – this is a real seizing [of territories]’, – he said.
‘We know plans of Russia and fighters about seizure of new strategic objects – these are Donetsk airport, settlement of Pisky, Shchastya, Debaltseve, Mariupol – they are a target for Russian military structures’, – Malomuzh added.
In addition he informed that during the last week there was constant process of supplying military equipment [to terrorists] – ‘Grad’ multiple rocket launcher systems, ‘Tulpans’, armored personnel carriers and new contingents of special forces.
We remind that after annexation of Crimean peninsula in March 2014 Russia began destabilization of situation in Eastern Ukraine. With direct participation of Russian Special Forces and support from Russian Armed Forces the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics were created. Russian Federation continues to send its mercenaries and regular army to Donbas and supplies terrorists with weapons and ammunitions.
On September 20 a memorandum was signed based on results of Trilateral meeting of contact group. The memorandum consists of 9 items which contain prohibition of usage of all types of weapons and conducting of offensive operations.
According to the memorandum, the opposing forces oblige to withdraw its heavy military equipment at a distance of 15 km from the conventional front line. Observation mission of OSCE is to work along this line of Ukrainian-Russian front.
The first agreements on ceasefire were reached on September 5. However, Russian-terrorist fighters continue to violate the ceasefire regime. They shell positions of Ukrainian Armed Forces and residential areas.