New demands of Minsk agreements – memorandum signed on September 20, 2014
September 22, 2014
The main points of Minsk memo signed on September 20, 2014
On September 20, 2014 contact group on regulation of situation in Donbas agreed on new memorandum after hours of discussion.
Compared with the previous one, the new memorandum has more detailed demands that need to be fulfilled to establish peace in Donbas.
Despite the agreement of all sides on the points of the memorandum, there continue armed clashes and militants do not hurry to fulfil the demands.
The main demands of the new memorandum are presented below:
- Ceasefire is considered general for all
- Sub units and military units have to stop at the positions they occupied on September 19, 2014
- Prohibition of use of any weapon and attacks
- During 24 hours since the memorandum is signed militants on each side have to take away all weapon with caliber more than 100 mm at a distance of 15 km. this gives possibility to create a zone with minimum width of 30 km – safety zone. Artillery systems with caliber more than 100 mm are to be taken away at a distance of their maximum firing range.
- The text of memorandum contains the list of settlements where it is prohibited to establish heavy weapons
- It is prohibited to install new mine-engineering barriers in the safety zone.
- Flying of aviation, except for the OSCE drones, over the safety zone is prohibited.
- Monitoring mission of OSCE has to arrive to the zone of ceasefire. The zone needs to be divided into sectors.
- During the monitoring of the OSCE all foreign military units, military equipment, and also fighters and mercenaries have to leave Ukrainian territory.
Share the post "New demands of Minsk agreements – memorandum signed on September 20, 2014"