New military doctrine of Ukraine where Russia is an enemy
National Security and Defense Council suggested President Poroshenko to approve new redaction of military doctrine of Ukraine which states that Russian Federation is a military enemy of Ukraine.
Unian reports this with reference to press service of NSDC.
The meeting of NSDC took place on September 2, during which president Poroshenko was suggested to approve new redaction of Military doctrine of Ukraine.
In this respect they noted that military doctrine of Ukraine is a conceptual document which:
- analyzes essence and character of modern military conflicts;
- determines principles and ways to prevent their appearance, preparation of the state for threat of military conflict;
- it also determines usage of force to protect state sovereignty, territorial integrity and other important national interests.
Military doctrine is based on strategy of national security of Ukraine. Is it a base document of defense planning and base for development of concepts and state programs of reformation and development of the Armed Forces, etc.
The project has passed through public discussion with involvement of representatives of government of Ukraine as well as experts of non-governmental organizations, foreign advisors who have been accredited in NATO office in Ukraine.
Thus military doctrine of Ukraine does the following:
- it defines Russian Federation as military enemy of Ukraine;
- the doctrine derives from high probability of large-scale usage of military force against Ukraine as the major threat to national security of the state in military sphere;
- it confirms refusal from politics of non-alignment and restoration of strategic course towards Euro-Atlantic integration;
- the doctrine specifies features of appearance of military conflict inside the country including that inspired by foreign states;
- it takes into account increased role of information-psychological operations;
- emphasizes on necessity of improvement of mobilization system and significant increasing of number of professionals in the Armed Forces and other military formations;
- the document states measures to prepare the state for defense which are necessary in order to restore state sovereignty and territorial integrity;
- in addition the doctrine puts tasks for development of defense and safety potentials of Ukraine as the necessary condition to rebuff the military aggression.
So, if to speak in few words, the new document clearly says that Russian Federation is an enemy of Ukraine.
Meanwhile in Russia the president’s press secretary Dmitriy Peskov refused to comment on new military doctrine of Ukraine.
Peskov said he needed to wait for the final approval of the document.
Share the post "New military doctrine of Ukraine where Russia is an enemy"