70th anniversary of Victory over Nazism in Ukraine
For the first time in its independent history Ukraine has officially adopted European tradition to celebrate Victory day in May.
Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation was officially established by decision of the Government. On that day Ukraine remembered of millions of victims of WWII.
- Ukrainian veterans participated in ceremonial session of Verkhovna Rada
- Well-known roofer Mustang Wanted decorated Motherland Monument with huge red poppies wreath
- Reconciliation of veteran of Red Army and veteran of Ukrainian Insurgent Army
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon and President of Ukraine opened installation ‘Ukraine war – war Ukraine’
- Concert for veterans with homey atmosphere
On Victory Day Ukraine refused of pompous parades and demonstration of power. More attention was drawn to the fact that WWII is a tragedy and we should remember veterans on this day.
- flashmob of Kyiv main street – white boxes formed huge letters ‘We honor. 1939-1945 We prevail’.
- Ukrainian recruits swore oath of allegiance to Ukraine
- March of military orchestras from different countries
- Officials, veterans and other people laid flowers at the tomb of the Unknown soldier
- On May 11 film ‘Airport’ was presented.
All this range of events and ceremonies demonstrated hospitality, peacefulness and openness of Ukrainians to the world.
Infographics created by Ukraine Crisis Media Center.
Share the post "70th anniversary of Victory over Nazism in Ukraine "